Boston baked beans is popular beans curry in North America. This dish is evolved into Americans most well- known dish. The common sweetener molasses from sugar beet throughout the centuries in United States, the center of production was Boston. In earlier days North America learned slow cooking process of beans with maple syrup from Native Americans. Now it has become a most common and famous dish.
Boston Baked Beans Recipe
Boston Baked Beans Recipe Ingredients:
- Beans 1 kg
- Baking soda
- Molasses ½ cup
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 100 grms salted pork chopped ¼ inch thick
- 1 tsp. pepper
Boston Baked Beans Recipe Preparation:
- Soak the beans in water overnight,drain, rinse
- Preheat oven to 270°F. Add water to beans and add pinch of baking soda and boil the beans over medium heat. Now cover it with a lid and simmer until the skin of beans flake when you blow .drain again.
- Add onions, molasses brown sugar,and pepper to beans
- Place half the salted pork slices on the bottom of deep bean pot. Add water to the beans and enough water to just barely cover them and place remaining pork slices on the top, cover it with a lid.
- Let it bake simultaneously add water to beans .do not stir. Now remove the lid for last 20 min allow it to turn brown the poke .Garnish it and serve hot with bread.